Sunday, March 17, 2013

Daily Photo: March 16


Happy Anniversary to Us!!

Today is me and Mark's 3rd wedding anniversary.  The weather was absolutely phenomenal so we knew we wanted to spend some time outdoors enjoying he weather today.  We decided to take the dogs on their second trip to walk the Big4 Pedestrian Bridge over the Ohio River.  It was a GREAT day for that!  Everyone else must have thought so too because there were just tons and tons of people (and other dogs) there.  I must admit, that I had my doubts about justifying the amount of money it probably took to convert that old rail road bridge into the pedestrian bridge, but I was WRONG about that.  It is hugely popular especially when the weather is as nice as it is today.  I think it is also encouraging people who don't normally seek out enough physical activity to come out and walk as well.  I have completely changed my mind about the investment they made in this project.

The dogs love it too.  However, lots of people bring their dogs so it also brings a bit of a challenge for our two loony toons!  Oh....and we also had our first um...bathroom incident on the bridge today.  Thanks, Austin.  It was an awful 4-dog-poo-bag cleanup job....sorry I know that is way TMI, but with SO many people you can imagine how many of them just couldn't resist pointing out to us that we were cleaning up a crappy situation...really people?  Because we didn't notice...thanks for telling us. LOL.

Mark with the dogs at the top of the pedestrian ramp before we actually went onto the bridge:

Me and the dogs in the same location:

Afterward, we decided to stop in at one of our favorite restaurants, Havana Rumba, sit outside on their fabulous patio and enjoy one of our favorite drinks there:



No comments:

Post a Comment