Saturday, January 5, 2013

Since We Last Spoke

Happy New Year, readers!

As we've recently rang in 2013, I just thought I'd take a few minutes to catch you up on what The Dog Days of Life has been up to, as well as give you a brief look forward & update on things to come this year!

Christmas was very nice for our family.  We stayed in town and took plenty extra days off work to just relax and hang out around the house.  Since I had some slacker time around the house, I more fully utilized Instagram and made these hilariously edited pics of the dogs:

Austin went incognito this Christmas!  My FB joke was that he'd asked for a one-way ticket to Papua New Guinea & a passport under the name 'Rusty Shakleford' for Christmas!

I just thought this was funny because Eli is SUCH a grump; 
he'd be furious if he thought Santa was skiing on his nose while he slept!!


Between Christmas and New Year we got a teeny bit of snow, so of course we had to get out there and play in the snow with the dogs!

View of the snow from our back deck!

Mark and the boys playing in the snow!

Austin LOVES the snow!

Eli HATES the snow!!

Just to re-iterate: Austin LOVES the snow & Eli HATES the snow!



Together on Tuesday
I know, you've really been missing ToT, we have been too!  We are in communications 'behind the scenes' to coordinate our upcoming re-start schedule, topics, etc.  Most of us have checked in and all seem to being doing well, in spite of several of the ToT families (including my own) catching some of the winter flu season ick that is going around!  We are currently tossing our topic ideas into the hat; once we get dates assigned to those topics, we'll get rolling!  I'm very excited about some of the ideas we have in store!

**NEW IN 2013**
During our behind the scenes ToT discussions, Nancy brought up the fantastic idea of taking up a challenge to post a Daily Photo for the rest of the year, and I am totally IN for this!
What to expect:  my plan is to take and post a daily photo that sort of represents some aspect of that day.  Could be anything....and if you've read this blog much, you'll really know that it could be anything!  For the most part, my aim will be to post actual photos that I have taken myself.  My only disclaimer to this, is that from time to time, there may be a photo, graphic, etc...that I come across that could be so insightful, meaningful, or fitting that I just have to use it that day.  That being said, these will be few and far between.  Most days I'll probably just have a sentence or two explaining how that day's photo tied into my day.  The reading on these will be light in length, mostly just a small bit about the ins and outs of the 'dog days' of my life.  I am very excited about this in addition to our regular ToT entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment