Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Daily Photo: January 15

I am really, really thrilled about today's photos!  Tonight, Mark had the opportunity to attend a discussion/workshop with legendary bass guitarist Victor Wooten. I have heard a little bit of Victor's commentary about bass playing, and just music in general, and he really is very interesting to listen to.  I'm not even the least bit musical, and I hear things in what he says about his music that can be applied to so many other aspects of life.  Plus, Mark got the chance to meet and speak with him last night and said he is a super-cool cat, very friendly and conversational.  A far cry from the typical celebrity (albeit many of that type of celebrities are lacking in actual talent and are stock-piled to the hilt with booking agents).

At any rate, I am so happy that Mark got to go to this.  Let's face it, life has been REALLY stressful lately, and at multiple times, Mark has been the linchpin that has held our sanity (and life as we know it) together.  If anyone deserved to take a much-needed break from the stress and do something they truly, truly enjoyed, it is my Mark.




No comments:

Post a Comment