Friday, January 11, 2013

Daily Photo: January 10

This is one of those times where my daily photo is not a photo that I took, rather it is something that struck me as meaningful/insightful.  I wanted to post this because it represents a fundamental part of who I am as a person.  There are many times when I know that what I am going to say may ruffle some feathers, create some conversational discomfort, step on some toes, or even outright offend some people.  However, as I have often said up front, "what I am about to say may step on some of your toes, but I am okay with that.  We all need our toes stepped on once in a while to keep us grounded."  As a highly opinionated person, I simply outright refuse to pretend to agree with something that I do not fully stand behind -even if saying what I believe makes those around me uncomfortable.  We all, at times, need to be forced outside our comfort zone, that is how we grow as people, as individuals.


No comments:

Post a Comment