Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Together On Tuesday - Location, Location, Location!

Happy Tuesday All!  Its that time of the week again, when all of you have the opportunity to climb into my head and see what is (or isn't!) going on in there!

Is the grass REALLY greener in that other, more fabulous place?  If by some twist of fate, you had the opportunity to move to the location of your dreams, would you go?  Where is your dream location?  Would you leave the place you live to go there?

I have several places, so I am just going to go ahead and assume that money is no issue and that I can afford all of these places! 

First...would I leave Kentucky?...umm...is that even a question...YES, OH YES, I WOULD LEAVE!  I would hate to move away from being so close to my family, but it is no secret that I am not a fan of living in the state of Kentucky...  Don't get me wrong, there ARE things I enjoy about where we live (refer to last week's blog, if you missed it).  We are close to my family, and that is worth a lot to me.  Especially as my mother is getting older I am glad to be nearby incase she needs anything.  I also love our home here.  We have what I would call a lovely home (not huge, or expensive, or fancy, but I think it can still be lovely without being any of those things).  We were fortunate enough to be able to buy a brand new house four years ago so it has been easy to make it into what we really want it to be.  It was sort of a blank canvas for us to make our own.  I finally have most rooms decorated to my satisfaction and we just completed construction on a large garage/workshop for Mark.  We also have amazing, wonderful neighbors on BOTH sides.  We can trust our neigbors with anything, and we can rely on our neighbors to be there when we need them...the Newson and Hunt families have come to be an extension of our own family over the last four years, and that is priceless to Mark and I.  We have also made some wonderful, great friends here also people that have become like family to us.


Oh, The Places I Would Go...

Somewhere Tropical...Bahamas, perhaps!
I absolutely LOVE the Caribbean.  I have been fortunate to be able to travel the Caribbean a lot and I love it.  The beaches, the warm weather, palm trees, the resorts, shopping.  All the things I enjoy right there on a beautiful island.  I wouldn't need a fancy home, just a place to crash at night and a place to keep our belongings.  But, if one of the fancy resorts offered me up a home (or...wait...I can afford it in this scenario that I have conveniently set up for myself!), of places I have stayed at down there I would choose to live at the Viva Wyndham Resort - Fortuna Beach, Bahamas.  That was a really amazing, beautiful resort, the food & drinks are outstanding, and it is a short ride to the airport.  When we stayed here, the people at the resort were so wonderful, fun, & friendly.  I absolutely love being at the beach down there.  I could just spend my days relaxing on the beach.  This is where you could find me most days between 10am and 4pm:


View at the Viva Wyndham - Fortuna Beach:




Living on a Houseboat...wherever we decide to dock it
Because we love boating so much, I do have this little dream I have cooked up in my head about living on a houseboat with Mark...and yes...the dogs (I have not yet thought through exactly how it would work living with Austin on a houseboat...THAT my friends would be more than interesting!).  How great would life be...we would just go from place to place docking in where ever we feel like, and when we grow tired of one place, we just pull anchor and move on...



Bloomingon, Indiana
We love, love, love Bloomington.  I went to IU so there are lots of fond, nostalgic memories there for me.  We have a GREAT group of friends already established there, some of those folks are like family to us.  We were so very sad to move away from Bloomington, but our careers beckoned and that landed us in Louisville.  Having the opportunity to go back would be amazing.  Several of our friends there also have boats, so during the summer our group takes to Lake Monroe as often as possible.  Even during the work week, in the evenings if we don't have time to go out on the water just hanging out and having dinner & drinks at the dock is always a good time.  Oh, the memories of Lake Monroe!  So many fun things to do in Bloomington - IU games, tailgating, Oliver Winery, great restaurants, the 'keep-you-young' feeling and energy of living in a college town, VERY dog friendly town, and meeting up with the gang for drinks...just to name a few! 


A Winter (yes, you read that correctly...a winter) in Cape Cod
I don't know WHY I have a particular desire to spend a WINTER in Cape Cod...but I do and I have for some time now.  Cape Cod is typically a summer getaway place, but for some strange reason, ever since my first visit there some years ago I have wanted to spend a winter there.  Maybe that's just it...that is when people and tourists typically LEAVE.  I just have this image in my mind of being inside a cozy warm Cape Cod house looking out onto the cold water and crashing waves though a big window.  I am sure the scene outside would be grey and overcast, but that would be the pefect setting to be inside with a fire going in the fireplace, pajamas, wrapped in a blanket with something warm to drink.  Seems like a great setting for a winter full of writing! 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


After writing this, I still have not figured out whether the grass is greener at one of these places...actually, I've just made myself desperately want to go on vacation!  But, at the end of the day... no matter where we are located, home will always simply be wherever Mark and my dogs are.  As it turns out, THEY are my greener grass...so, maybe I did answer it after all...





 

4 comments:

  1. If our situation allowed it, we would've never left Bloomington. Hands down...I LOVED it there. We still think that someday we may go back. All of your other places sound outstanding for vacationing! I also love the Carribean but have never been to Cape Cod. I'll have to put it on the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me want to go on vacation too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also LOVE Bloomington. I would live there again. Excellent choice.
    And we used to live in Kentucky as well . . . didn't take long for us to leave, either. :) (Though some parts are beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete