Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Together & THANKFUL on Tuesday - GOBBLE, GOBBLE!


Happy Tuesday-before-Thanksgiving!  Dog Days of Life has been hit and miss lately with ToT, but no worries, we are still in!  So a couple days out from Thanksgiving, us Turkeys thought we'd list out some of the things we are thankful for this year!

  • As always, the thing I am most thankful for is Mark.  He is the best husband in the world!  He's come through some tough times with me this year and I love him for that!  He never lets me down, and he never ceases to amaze me how he can pull a bad situation together and turn it around so we can get through it.
  • I am thankful for family - both mine and Mark's who were there at every turn to provide whatever support we needed no matter how bad things got.  Even family from far away put life on hold to travel here, worried, prayed, called, sent cards, notes, texts, FB messages, and many other things just to show their love, support, and care for us.  We appreciate and love every single one of you and every single effort you've made for us.
  • Our friends - because like the family, they've been here through thick and thin.  Some of you have really shined in your ability to support us - be proud of yourselves, you've made a difference this year in a good way.  We consider you family because we love each of you just as if you were our very own 'kin folk'.  
  • I am thankful just to be around and able to enjoy the so many things in my life that I have to be thankful for this year!  My injury was so horrible and looking back and knowing the things we know now, I am so very lucky to be alive and well again!  Life is delicate people - don't waste it.
  • Related to the previous one, but I thought deserved its own, is my gratitude for the Doctors, Nurses, Physical Therapists, Imaging Teams, and every other staffer at Norton Hospitals that not only treated my physical injuries, but their smiles and words of encouragement went a long way to keep me going emotionally as well.  It wasn't just those listed above, it was everyone down to the people who brought my meals and cleaned my room.  Every single one of them had kind words every day.
  • I am thankful for the life of a little girl whose family nearly lost her earlier this year.  God literally reached down and put life back into her tiny body so that she could go on to do things like celebrate her 1st birthday and these Merry Holidays with her family.  I am also thankful that her family did not have to bear witness to the tragedy that nearly unfolded that day.  I reiterate: life is delicate - DON'T WASTE IT!  
  • Our home - because it isn't just the house where we keep our things and sleep.  It truly is a home full of love, happiness, joy, and laughter.
  • Our two crazy turkeys, Eli and Austin!  You didn't think I'd leave them off this list did you?  Surely not...and don't call me Shirley (how about that prime opportunity to throw in a one-liner from the movie Airplane?!!).  These two crazies bring me joy...no matter what I say about them in other blog entries, LOL!  
  • The two weeks that Mark and I got to spend together on our vacation this year.  We were blessed to be able to travel around Europe and visit our friends who've moved to Germany in the past few years.  Granted, we spent A LOT of time tooling around in a tiny periwinkle Toyota Yaris, but it was a blast! Not every couple can spend two weeks in a tiny clown car, getting lost, and dodging mopeds at high speeds and still enjoy each other's company at the end of all that!  
  • That my good friend Elizabeth Ryan had a safe, healthy pregnancy despite the challenges throughout.  She may be thankful that she didn't end up with multiples like I dreamed one night that she would!
  • That Sean Ryan not only made it home safely after his year serving in Afghanistan, but that he also made it home in time for the birth of him and Liz Ryan's third child, Morrigan Sophia!  Now looking forward to, hopefully someday, getting to be thankful that they live closer to me than Alaska! 
  • Our jobs - because they provide us with a wonderful life.  Both companies couldn't have been more helpful during my injury.  Both Mark and I were provided with the time off that we needed to deal with my health.  A lot of people can't say good things about the company they work for and the people they work with - but we can.  We've made so many wonderful, caring friends through our jobs  and they've been supportive when we needed them the most.  
  • Speaking of jobs & friends - thankful for a cubicle neighbor that cares enough not only to put up with me on a daily basis, but also cares enough that when she gets home and winds down for the day, realizes that I wasn't my typical sassy self that day that she reaches out to me to make sure I am okay.  You know who you are...Stephanie Schoeff!  
  • That fellow ToT blogger Tish was willing to share some life wisdom with me that has really helped me deal with some things that were bogging me down emotionally.  She's pretty wise, that one is!
  • For this Together on Tuesday blog group!  I've mentioned it before, but its true - I LOVE writing with such a diverse group of ladies.  Every week is like a new puzzle piece of getting to know each of them.  Our posts have been less regular lately, but we'll be back on Tuesdays regularly in 2013, and as far as a group of people goes, we've really got quite an array of things going on lately!  Just a few: new members to ToT (myself included), new babies (even TWINS, in Nancy's case - BLESS HER!), kids starting off to school for the first time, natural comedian even at 4 years old, kids' rambunctious imaginary friends (remember Babe, anyone?) I sure hope that troubled Babe stays contained to Danielle's house (LOL, sorry D!), injuries, new jobs, vacations and much much more!  
  • For you, fine readers, who take a few minutes once in a while to read the crazy thoughts I've been brave enough to share with the world!  I hope each and every one of you have a Happy Thanksgiving this week!  Be sure to look around and see the things you have to be thankful for - they are everywhere!

So, one thing I'll ask, before you leave Dog Days of Life this time, leave a comment telling us one thing you are thankful for this year!  God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment