Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Together on Tuesday - My Gratitude List



List 30 things that you take for granted that you have gratitude for - elaborate as much or as little on each item.

I have been dealing with some very serious health issue for the past few weeks, so a lot of mine will reference that.


  • Mark - I always have been and always will be grateful for him. But facing serious health issues and getting back on my feet has made me realize how truly grateful I really am for him. He is THE BEST and has taken phenomenally great care of me. 

  • Our family - Everyone just dropped everything to see that I was being taken care of.  My family lives nearby, but they put their lives on hold to be at the hospital and do whatever Mark or I needed.  They were there when I was rushed to ICU and when the doctors came and told me all the scary stuff they may have to do if things 'got bad'.  They held it together while I fell apart and was completely terrified not knowing what was going to happen.  Mark's family also dropped everything and drove hours and hours to get here to see me, comfort both Mark and I, take care of our house, and take care of our dogs.  Other family members have sent cards, e-mails, and notes of concern and filled with such kindness.
  • Our friends - we have had so many kind words and expressions of concern from our friends. So many of them have been praying for us and each day we feel those prayers being answered.
  • Our co-workers - many, many of our co-workers also fall into the friend category and have reached out to us personally. Both our employers have shown an outpouring of support and have given us the time we've needed to handle this and recover. My department especially, has had to take on my workload on top of their own, with no advance notice - they are wonderful.
  • The fact that my recent health crisis was no worse than it was and that we eventually expect a full recovery.
  • Our two dogs - did you really think they wouldn't make the list? Didn't think so! They are so sweet and seem to realize that I am not my full self right now.  I sure did miss those two adorable faces when I was in the hospital!

  • The three years we had our first dog, Watson.  RIP, buddy - we miss you!

  • Our memories & photos of Watson.

  • Our home
  • Our jobs
  • My car - because it is paid off - no more payments!!
  • Mark - again!

  • The fact that my husband and I have a similar sense of humor - warped?  You bet..but funny!

  • Backless, slide-on tennis shoes...how convenient!
  • Flip-flops
  • Being allowed to wear jeans to work on Fridays.
  • Yoga class - especially when I am well enough to go, not these days, but I will get there.  I highly recommend PM Yoga in Louisville. 
  • Technology - including, but not limited to my iPhone, my new Netbook, and wi-fi.
  • Ink pens with purple ink!
  • My ToT blog group & the other ToT ladies, of course!
  • Spaghetti & other pasta - my favorite!
  • Sushi Tuesday lunch with the ladies at work.
  • Driving - I miss being able to jump in the car and drive myself wherever, whenever.  Will get there again, in the meantime it is just frustrating.
  • Two weeks of driving around Europe this summer with Mark.

  • That I don't actually own the tiny car we drove around Europe for two weeks.
  • The fact that the people around me know that I am sassy, opinionated, and that I just tell it 'like it is' and that they seem okay with that.
  • The little things in life: those double-walled hard plastic cups with lids and the plastic straws (and how can you NOT love those straw stoppers??!!), Brisk brand Raspberry Iced Tea, my pink Swavorski crystal memory stick, having a TV in my kitchen, our new and hopefully dog-proof garbage can, fingerprint-free stainless appliances for the kitchen, and fall-themed seasonal decorations.
  • My scarf collection - yeah, I have a scarf collection!
  • Zip-front hoodies and fleece jackets.
  • Mark - yes, AGAIN!  3rd time is a charm...right??

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
What are you most greatful for???  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment