Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Together on Tuesday...Letter to Mark

Happy Tuesday, all! 

So this week's topic is one that for me (and I am guessing it probably also is for some of the other ToT ladies as well) has been quite a challenge.  So when I sat down to write this week's blog tonight...I used Facebook as my first diversion...then after that, I went over to www.someecards.com for a little cheeky, off-beat humor...I managed to burn off quite a bit of procrastination time there...but now, it is just past 9pm, and I must put my mind to writing this week's ToT entry!

Our topic this week is to write a letter to our husband...doesn't have to be a mushy love letter or anything like that - just ANY kind of letter, whatever we want to say. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Mark,
This seems really strange to me not only to be writing you out a letter to start with, but also to be writing out a letter to you that will be published for everyone to read.  Ever since this topic was added to our lineup several weeks ago, I have been mulling over in my mind what type of letter to write to you.  Then, on Friday, after the court hearing over those dogs that terrorized our neighborhood for so long, I was thinking about how thankful I was of how supportive you were through that whole long battle - and that it was as important to you as it was to me.  Then it hit me, there are SO MANY things that you have done, or still do, for me that I am SURE that I have never taken the time to say 'Thank You' for - its not that I haven't always been thankful for everything that you do, its just that I have taken for granted that you know how much I appreciate them. 

Going back through our documentation of Watson's injuries the night before the hearing, I was reminded of the lengths that you went to in order to get Watson and I through that whole ordeal.  I don't know HOW, but somehow I had forgotten that after he came home from his surgery that you spent every night for at least a week laying on the floor with him so that he wasn't terrified during the night when he couldn't sleep.  And the morning that he was attacked by those dogs how you were the one that kept your head together (while I was in complete panic and meltdown mode) so that we could get him to the Vet's office and into surgery - not to mention going back and helping them prep your own dog for surgery while Dr. B drove in from Louisville to see to him. 

Another time that came to mind was when I was completely defeated, and had pretty much given up, on trying to finding the right doctor to help with my specific health problems, and you got on the phone and called as many different doctors' offices as it took before you finally found the one you thought would be the best suited - but not only that...then you REFUSED to accept 'sorry, but we aren't accepting new patients' from them...because whatever you said to them certainly convinced them otherwise. 

You also always support whatever crazy idea I have or whatever sort of situation I manage to get myself into.  Like the time I wanted to invent saftey goggles for dogs - then later found out that someone else already had, LOL!  And I am sure by now, when your phone rings and it is me, that you are never surprised at how the converstation starts on the other end...whether it be the classic 'you are gonna kill me when you see the horrible thing I just did to my car' (remember...the smashed in bumper...or the damaged rim & flat tire...or the other time I scraped up the bumper...or the other flat tire...), or 'I need you to stop whatever you are doing right now in the middle of the day and come get me...someone needed me to come to the hospital with them, and now I need a ride back home'...or whatever other random thing the case may be - but I am sure by now, nothing surprises you anymore - and you always seem to be perfectly okay with that. 

I also appreciate that you let me be as crazy of a dog mom as I want to be to our boys.  You know that I am completely batshit crazy over the dogs, and you are perfectly okay with how much I adore them.  I am sure that you also sometimes get tired of the songs I make up for the dogs, and the endless supply of goofy nicknames that I have for them - but you always just go with the flow and before you probably even realize it, you also typically end up calling them whatever the most recent crazy thing I have come up with for them!

Another thing I love about you is your sense of humor.  No matter what we are going through, you are able to make me laugh and smile every single day.  Like me, you see the advantage of maintaining a sense of humor in most situations, so we are able to laugh our way through things that may otherwise be unnecessarily stressful.  I really do mean it when I have said that my best marriage advice is 'to always have a sense of humor' - as we know, life is hard, but it is a whole lot less hard when you are able to laugh about things. 

I feel like I could literally write for months about all of the wonderful things you do that I truly do appreciate...so, I hope that this very small sampling shows you how much I love and appreciate everything you do.  You are the BEST, and I hope that you know that even though I am sure I do not say 'thank you' often enough, that in my heart I truly am thankful to have you.  And as I often do tell you, but that I always want you to know is that...you are my most favorite person!

Love,
Me



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, readers...so now that I have opened up and shared my letter with you...what type of letter, or what things would you say in an open letter to your spouse or significant other???  

1 comment: